Saturday, April 6, 2013

Eat More Oatmeal


I'll admit to being a little obsessive about oats.  I'm partial to oatmeal, granola, oatmeal raisin cookies, these, this, this, definitely this and occasionally this.  And, I absolutely dig this!  I love how even the restaurant's bowl sizes are baby bear, momma bear and pappa bear.  I'm totally bookmarking this for my next trip to NYC. I know one thing, too, Goldilocks should steer clear of my bowl.  Lol. It may be hard for you to believe at this point, but my love and fascination with oats might be totally outdone by this (be sure to stroll all the way down to the bottom of the page).

It was second nature to sleepily stumble into the kitchen this morning and whip up this super quick bowl of oatmeal on autopilot.  I tend to use ingredients I have on hand for my morning oats (missing those toasted, unsalted, slivered almonds right about now) and I advise you to do the same.  Feel free to add, substitute and omit ingredients to your liking.

FYI: 10 Awesome Health Benefits of Oatmeal & Making Your Own Homemade Oatmeal Packets: A Visual Guide and Cost Analysis & 3 Ways to Save Money on Quick, Convenient Breakfasts

Ingredients:


  • 1 1/4 cup rice milk
  • 1/4 tsp pure almond extract
  • 1/2 cup quick cook oats
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • 2 dates, chopped
  • 2 tbsp shredded coconut
  • 1 shake of ground cardamon
  • 2 shakes of ground cinnamon
  • 1 shake of nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 6 oz container Chobani Low-fat Passion Fruit Greek Yogurt, well-shaken

Direction:


In a medium saucepan, heat rice milk and almond extract until hot and starting to bubble.  Add the next 8 ingredients and stir to combine.  Reduce to medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.  Transfer to a serving bowl and top with Greek Yogurt for a healthy, delicious and creamy breakfast fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment